Eptisa implements their third project in the field of water in Harghita County, Romania
The project consist of the project management and supervision of 8 works contracts to improve the infrastructure of the sewage and drinking water supply services
August 20 2012
The Water and Wastewater Operator, S.C. Harviz S.A., awarded Eptisa a new contract to provide Technical Assistance for Project Management and Supervision of Works "Extension and Rehabilitation of the Water and Wastewater Infrastructure in Harghita County" in Romania. The project will be developed during April 2012 and April 2015 with an investment of 3.626.844 EUR.
The general objective of the project is to provide a local strategy for development of the water supply and wastewater sector for conformation with the objectives negotiated by Romania in the accession and post-accession Treaty.
Eptisa will provide support to the Water and Wastewater Operator, S.C. Harviz S.A., in management activities for a successful project implementation and will provide technical assistance for works supervision services for 8 works contracts having as purpose to improve the infrastructure of the sewage and drinking water supply services in Harghita County.
Eptisa will develope the following specific activities:
- Preparation of the tender and supporting documents according to the national legislation for the works contracts;
- Support the Regional Operator (RO) during tendering procedures;
- Provide support to UIP for management of the present investments program and of the medium and long term investments program
- Ensure conditions for a modern and efficient management of the water and sewage networks from the urban agglomerations included in the project;
- Hydraulic improvement and modeling of the water and sewage networks;
- Reduction of network water losses;
- Optimal implementation of works contracts thorough the quality management of the waste water discharged in the public sewerage network;
- Assistance to the Regional Operator in adopting the action plan for protection of the water resources;
- Ensure the implementation of the management strategy of the sludge resulted from the technological process from the water and wastewater treatment plants;
- Update the water and sewerage Master Plan for the region.
- Ensure adequate publicity for the project and correct information of the population on the construction works according to the Visual Identity Manual for the Structural Instruments in Romania 2007-2013
The supervision of the 8 works contracts will be done according to the national legislation and in compliance with FIDIC Contract Conditions: 3 Yellow Book Contracts and 5 FIDIC Red Book Contracts.
This is the third project implemented by Eptisa in Harghita County, being the first two projects:
- Site supervision for the SAMTID projects financed under PHARE 2003 programme for modernization and rehabilitation of the water supply networks and installation of the connecting pipes for new consumers and the water meters in 39 locations from 6 counties (including Harghita County).
"Technical Assistance for preparation of 5 projects in the environmental sector" for improving the environmental infrastructure in 5 counties (Harghita County included)
Implementation of these two projects represented a good opportunity for knowing the Beneficiary and his expectations and also to establish an efficient dialog. Also, this experience contributes to a solid background and a good start-up for this project.