1. What are cookies?
Cookies are devices for storing and retrieving data on users’ terminal equipment about their behaviour on the Internet.
2. Main regulation
In the configuration of the present cookies policy, the compliance with the second paragraph of article 22 of the Law 34/2002 follows
“Service providers may use data storage and retrieval devices on recipients’ terminal equipment, provided that the recipients have given their consent after having been provided with clear and complete information on their use, in particular, on the purposes of data processing, in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of 13 December, on the Protection of Personal Data. Where technically possible and effective, the consent of the recipient to accept the processing of the data may be provided through the use of appropriate browser settings or other applications. The foregoing shall not prevent the possible storage or access of a technical nature for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or, to the extent strictly necessary, for the provision of an information society service expressly requested by the recipient”.
3. Types of cookies
We differentiate between those cookies that do not require informed consent, identified by the WG29, in its Opinion 4/201210 by the purpose mentioned below:
- “user input” cookies.
- User authentication or identification cookies (session cookies only).
- User security cookies
- Player session cookies
- Session cookies for load balancing
- User interface customisation cookies
- Certain plug-in cookies for social content sharing.
And those that do require informed consent, and therefore, Eptisa Servicios de Ingeniería, S.L. informs below of the types of cookies that we use on our website:
According to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, cookies are classified according to the following criteria:
- Depending on the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- According to their purpose:
- Technical Cookies: these are those that allow the user to browse through a web page, in the case of EPTISA SERVICIOS DE INGENIERÍA S.L and, the use of the different options or services that exist in it. This includes those used by the editor to allow the management and operation of the website or to enable its functions and services (see, for example, controlling data traffic, identifying the session, accessing restricted access, managing a payment or registration). They also include those that enable the management of advertising.
These cookies would be exempt from the application of the second paragraph of article 22 of the LSSI when they allow the service requested by the user to be provided. However, if they are applied for behavioural advertising purposes, on the other hand, they would be subject.
- Personalised preference cookies: these enable information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that differentiate them from other users. For example, the language or content of the service depending on the region from which the user accesses it. If it is the user who selects these characteristics, he or she would be exempt from Article 22.2 of the LSSI. One case would be when it is the user himself who selects the language by marking the corresponding flag. On the other hand, if they are used for behavioural advertising purposes, the opposite would be the case.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these are cookies that allow the behaviour of the users of a website to be analysed; they are used to measure the activity of this platform. They are not exempt from the duty of information and consent, although they do not entail a high risk to the privacy of users.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store information on the behaviour of users through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, thus developing a specific profile in order to display advertising based on the same.
- According to the length of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: these collect and store data while the user accesses the website. They are used to store information that is only of interest for the provision of the service requested by the user. For example, this would include a list of products purchased. This information disappears at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: the data is stored in the terminal for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookies, which can range from a few minutes to several years. Due to their purpose, session cookies are understood to be exempt from the duty of signed consent.
4. Transfer of data to third countries or international organisations
Eptisa Servicios de Ingeniería, S.L. informs that the personal data processed through third party cookies can be transferred to Google, with the necessary security and data protection guarantees to carry out such international transfers. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
You can accept all cookies by clicking the “Accept” button or configure or reject their use by clicking the “Configure” button.
By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational.
6. Modification of the Cookies Policy
Eptisa Servicios de Ingeniería, S.L. reserves the right to modify this Cookies Policy, always in accordance with the terms permitted by current Spanish legislation and with the corresponding communication to users, by means of publication on this website or by any other means of communication or dissemination deemed appropriate.